Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distributorless ignition for turbo A series

3 posters

:: mods :: Technical

Go down

Distributorless ignition for turbo A series Empty Distributorless ignition for turbo A series

Post  MattEll 28th March 2013, 11:01

Hello.
Interested to hear recommendations as to what type of system would be good; Megajolt, Nodiz, and plenty of others on the market that look good. The key thing would seem to be getting good input to the system to take account of boost/vacuum. Is a MAP sensor equipped system necessary?

Thanks a lot.
Matt

MattEll

Back to top Go down

Distributorless ignition for turbo A series Empty Re: Distributorless ignition for turbo A series

Post  benjamin 9th April 2013, 10:46

Hey , For sure a system with a map sensor is the go as it will read boost/vac and can compensate timing to suit. I cant really say as i have only ever used Megajolt , but i would just go for a sytem that you will understand and is priced ok for you.

Megajolt is definatly up to the task ans is a great sytem for the price
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Distributorless ignition for turbo A series Empty Re: Distributorless ignition for turbo A series

Post  MattEll 9th April 2013, 12:14

Thanks Ben. How does your Megajolt adjust for load / boost? If I'm reading their website correctly, the V4 one on sale currently has a 2.5bar "internal" map sensor. Presume this means a vacuum line must be run to the module, rather than having a separate sensor mounted on the manifold.

They seem to sell the Ford coil packs, but not the EDIS modules. But of a pain to have to trawl around wreckers to get a second handie of unknown quality!

http://www.autosportlabs.net/Megajolt_Lite_Jr.

MattEll

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 13th April 2013, 09:17

MattEll wrote:Thanks Ben. How does your Megajolt adjust for load / boost? If I'm reading their website correctly, the V4 one on sale currently has a 2.5bar "internal" map sensor. Presume this means a vacuum line must be run to the module, rather than having a separate sensor mounted on the manifold.

They seem to sell the Ford coil packs, but not the EDIS modules. But of a pain to have to trawl around wreckers to get a second handie of unknown quality!

http://www.autosportlabs.net/Megajolt_Lite_Jr.

Yeah they all have internal map sensor so just a small vacumn line from your manifold to the computer. I bought all my parts from here>>http://trigger-wheels.com/store/
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  s-c1293 8th January 2014, 13:21

Tread Revival.
I have had a Megajolt Ignition on my Supercharger 1293 for about 3 years now. Best mod I have done to the car apart from the Supercharger.
At the moment I am in the process of building another Supercharged engine for a mate, and have just got all of the parts together for it's Megajolt ignition.
It will be the same set up as my one.
Trigger wheels are universal fit wheels from Trigger-wheels.com modified to fit the bottom pulley.
Crank sensors are from an EL/early AU Falcons.
EDIS module are from MA Ford Mondeos. Early to mid 90's, automatic model only.
Coil packs are from Hyundai X3 Excels. (They use normal spark plug leads and look a lot neater than the Ford coils)
All of the crank sensors, EDIS modules and coil packs I have used are second hand. They are still easily available from the wreakers and I haven't had a problem with anything yet.

s-c1293

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down