Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

turbo vs supercharger

3 posters

Go down

turbo vs supercharger Empty turbo vs supercharger

Post  mushroom 30th July 2013, 17:32

For the cost, power gain, reliability driveability what would be better for a daily driver an sc12 or turbo setup. It is going on an 1100 with a 295 head

mushroom

Back to top Go down

turbo vs supercharger Empty Re: turbo vs supercharger

Post  benjamin 31st July 2013, 13:33

mushroom wrote:For the cost, power gain, reliability driveability what would be better for a daily driver an sc12 or turbo setup. It is going on an 1100 with a 295 head

well i will say turbo no matter what but im biased.

for cost i think they are similar but depending on what you can do yourself or how you go about turbo its hard to say.

Power gain , turbo seems to be the winner

Reliability driveability , all depends on the setup > a T2 turbo setup for a daily will pull good hp drivability is awsome and you will get full boost by 3000rpm .10psi will get around 100hp at the wheels and cruise without feeling any different and still good fuel economy.

Im yet to see a sc12 do that.
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsmadmini 7th August 2013, 10:38

i was tossing this up a while back as well...

i finally came to the conclusion, that for the same basic price (around $1000-1500) you could do either SC or turbo...

SC12 is limited in not only availability but age, it sort of reminds me of a T3 turbo, it was great when it came out, its just getting old now...

im still accumulating turbo parts for my conversion but am getting close, i can smell it... Turbo's are cheap and plentiful, power and torque is all created from harnessed mini engine explosions, not crank powered like a SC

Forced induction is a great thing which only in the past few years has it truly been considered for power and economy... my fav engine out at the moment is a 995cc 3 banger from the Ford Ecoboost range. 1L, 92kw 170nm (200nm overboost) all this is packaged in an engine block the size of an A4 sheet of paper. im blown away by that thing... with F1's re-introducing turbos next year i think the trickle down effect will be amazing to see in a few years time with what will be on the road...

It is a bit more fidly, a little more time consuming, but the power will be worth the wait, and the drive for more boost will always be there!

mattsmadmini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down