Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car?

3 posters

:: mods :: Technical

Go down

Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car? Empty Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car?

Post  mattsmadmini 4th January 2015, 02:35

Cheap as, easily fitted with 4 wires (after locking out the ballasts of ya dizzy), and can be changed on the fly with a laptop. 7(?) points of adjustment of advance and includes a hard cut rpm.... Or do i just go for the MJ?

http://www.accuspark.co.uk/Blackbox.htm

mattsmadmini

Back to top Go down

Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car? Empty Re: Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car?

Post  benjamin 6th January 2015, 05:46

mattsmadmini wrote:Cheap as, easily fitted with 4 wires (after locking out the ballasts of ya dizzy), and can be changed on the fly with a laptop. 7(?) points of adjustment of advance and includes a hard cut rpm.... Or do i just go for the MJ?

http://www.accuspark.co.uk/Blackbox.htm

What is the price ?

Looks very good on the website but it pretty basic vs megajolt. you can only plot degrees vs RPM by the looks of it where for MJ you can plot degrees for RPM/Load which is important for economy and boost. MJ can do hard cut too , iv only been using soft cut and works fine as I only get a max of maybe 200rpm over .

I guess it would come down too cost and also what you can do to install. Megajolt is definitely a more involved installation but I would choose over a distributor.

benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car? Empty Re: Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car?

Post  mattsmadmini 8th January 2015, 02:09

price to door is just under 200, install is around an hours worth of work (according to Doc) which made him happy due to not having to take engine out etc just the dizzy Laughing

mattsmadmini

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 13th January 2015, 02:08

mattsmadmini wrote:price to door is just under 200, install is around an hours worth of work (according to Doc) which made him happy due to not having to take engine out etc just the dizzy Laughing

Not bad for sure but I still think the megajolt is the go. Although a bit more of a job to do I think the functionality and advantages out weigh the extra time and cost.

But.. This is my opinion and I have only ever used megajolt so is a little biased Wink
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car? Empty Dizzy curve / map settings

Post  MattEll 31st January 2015, 14:06

Ben,
Interested to hear about the map settings you have used in the Megajolt.
I've been using what I believe to be the standard Metro Turbo dizzy curve advance in my NoDiz (like MJ!), but it appears most people who have moved to proper mapping (and perhaps visited a dyno) use much more advance.
I'll get to a dyno soon, just thought I'd get a feel for things first so I can talk sensibly to the dyno operator (and maybe convince him to put more advance into it!).

Cheers
Matt

MattEll

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 1st February 2015, 07:18

Hey Matt,

I had mine dyno tuned when the megajolt was installed but I think my map would be way off for you as yours is 1275cc? You can tune the cruising values yourself pretty easy, just add some timing in the high vacuum areas.

I have a map for a 1293 but is low comp big boost. let me know ill post some screenshots.

MattEll wrote:Ben,
Interested to hear about the map settings you have used in the Megajolt.
I've been using what I believe to be the standard Metro Turbo dizzy curve advance in my NoDiz (like MJ!), but it appears most people who have moved to proper mapping (and perhaps visited a dyno) use much more advance.
I'll get to a dyno soon, just thought I'd get a feel for things first so I can talk sensibly to the dyno operator (and maybe convince him to put more advance into it!).

Cheers
Matt
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  MattEll 1st February 2015, 07:58

Thanks Ben - interested to see whatever you've got!

MattEll

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 1st February 2015, 08:41

MattEll wrote:Thanks Ben - interested to see whatever you've got!

Here is a couple to help.

1293 turbo RE-13T cam , ported head less than 8.0:1 compression , T3 turbo and about 16psi boost

Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car? 1293%20turbo_zpsvfbazygj

1330 waggot cam? t2 turbo 15psi boost

Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car? 1330%20turbo_zpsbtqrdauk

1098cc turbo RE-13T cam, stock internals 295 head 8.5:1 compression t2 turbo 10psi ( I used the same with gt2554r and 15psi)

Accuspark black box? Useful for a turbo car? 10psi%201098_zpsydr7ewxc
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  MattEll 1st February 2015, 09:32

Thanks Ben. I assume these figures include the basic advance? (From my Haynes manual, 7 deg for Metro Turbo).
In my case, the local tuning guy says that my dizzy provides 2 degrees at 1200RPM, so should actually have the seven degrees added (if basic advance on my NoDiz stays at zero - which seems the logical way to do it).

Do you think this sounds right?

Matt

MattEll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down