Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clearance problems on a t2

2 posters

Go down

clearance problems on a t2 Empty clearance problems on a t2

Post  norm74 2nd June 2013, 07:00

hi all new to the site as was wondering if anyone has any issuse on fitting a t2 turbo without bulkhead mods, ive bought some steam pipe 1" 1/4" as a base to start with there just seems to be only a few mm clearance, between the exhaust housing and the bulkhead. is this normal.
also what size exhaust do you guys run for the dump pipe.

the motor im putting it onto is a 1100,

any other help would be great

rob
norm74
norm74

Back to top Go down

clearance problems on a t2 Empty Re: clearance problems on a t2

Post  benjamin 2nd June 2013, 11:51

norm74 wrote:hi all new to the site as was wondering if anyone has any issuse on fitting a t2 turbo without bulkhead mods, ive bought some steam pipe 1" 1/4" as a base to start with there just seems to be only a few mm clearance, between the exhaust housing and the bulkhead. is this normal.
also what size exhaust do you guys run for the dump pipe.

the motor im putting it onto is a 1100,

any other help would be great

rob

Hey Rob,

i think you are going to be in a very tight squeeze using 1 1/4'' nominal steam pipe , im not sure how it will fit as i only use 1'' on my low mount setups. The turbo to bulkhead clearance will be tight on the turbine side and block to compressor will be very close too.

heres a photo of the first manifold i made > turbo is a t2 from a nissan N12 pulsar
clearance problems on a t2 IMG_0146
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  norm74 2nd June 2013, 12:02

thanks heaps for that. you have had no troubles with it.. so far. what did you do with the oil return did you put in the fuel pump hole or into the gearbox. with your new low mount manifold how far down does that sit the turbo, does it give it heaps of clearance around it. the turbo i got was off a nissan exa turbo. i will try to upload so pics of my car.
norm74
norm74

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 2nd June 2013, 12:13

Well its chnaged alot since then , i have had three different setups now lol.

Oil return is best to go into fuel pump hole , just make sure it flows nice and use 5/8 hose. My newest setup is totaly different , but is still just as tight of fit have a look in the members cars.
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  norm74 4th June 2013, 12:10

here are some pics of my make shift manifold. its not pretty but does the job of seeing the postion of where the turbo sits.
clearance problems on a t2 20130511_133319_zps1082fdf5

clearance problems on a t2 20130511_133306_zpsbb795ae5

the other pic is what i want to end up doing to the car. get rid of the SU and put a throttle body and fuel injection on it.

clearance problems on a t2 20130511_130955_zps65263a9f
norm74
norm74

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 4th June 2013, 14:00

norm74 wrote:here are some pics of my make shift manifold. its not pretty but does the job of seeing the postion of where the turbo sits.

the other pic is what i want to end up doing to the car. get rid of the SU and put a throttle body and fuel injection on it.

hey,

looking good, position looks fine . If you are having troubles with room you can always extend your engine steady bars a touch if you are using a rod change gearbox.

Those plates you have the manifold welded too are a bit thin ? The manifold will get alot hotter than a standard exhaust manifold so i would recommend minimum 10mm flanges. I can supply laser cut flanges if your interested?

Interested too see what you do with the injection Smile
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down