Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roller lifter's

4 posters

:: mods :: Technical

Go down

Roller lifter's Empty Roller lifter's

Post  benjamin 29th July 2010, 13:38

Is it possible to fit these to a mini? Im assuming they are not made because they wont fit the majority of 1275 blocks?

But, i was looking at a set from a freinds 427 chev and i reckon that i could make them work in the 998/1100 blocks or any with tappet chest covers. They can easily be bought in the correct size as long as they are long enough for the joining peice to sit up in the space and they still be deep enough for use with std pushrods.

either way im thinking of looking into it, custom pushrods wouldn't be much of an issue anyway only other issue would be the spacing of the pairs , so maybe modifying the joiners?

Roller lifter's Crn-35532-16888888888888
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Roller lifter's Empty Re: Roller lifter's

Post  pristic 20th September 2010, 13:00

Ben,

Im interested in playing with this... they would be noisy though I think... dunno.

Pete

pristic

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 22nd September 2010, 12:51

pristic wrote:Ben,

Im interested in playing with this... they would be noisy though I think... dunno.

Pete

hmm they shouldnt be any more noisy? I dunno .

we will have to talk to graham about doing a nice rolller cam profile for is if i can get it to work.

Anyway mini lifters are 0.812'' (20.6248mm) Problem 1 , V8's dont make that size but Small Block Chev is 0.842'' (21.3868mm) so is possible to ream to that size easily to fit them . Just waiting on some height dimensions on some Lunati SBC verticle bar solid roller lifters at the moment. They look nice and short so hope will be sweet Smile

Roller lifter's LUNATI72402LUN
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 1st October 2010, 09:33

pristic wrote:Ben,

Pete

graham said no no Sad

supposidly a roller cam needs to be much bigger than a flat tappet cam meaning it wouldnt fit in and graham said the results wouldnt be any better than a flat tappet anyway .
so well i guess that answers that?

benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  snotz 1st October 2010, 11:55

it would have been a good idea if it would work.
snotz
snotz

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 1st October 2010, 15:09

ill definatly keep looking into it , theres got to be a advantage to it if the v8's use them
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  turbo this.. 26th December 2014, 08:15

is just a dirrent ram that can be used i thing mate roller cams vs solid is a big debate in the v8s i beleve

id be more looking at a solid lifter with a larger diamter face to allow a better profile like the old air cooled VWs they have top hat looking lifter and the factory cam takes advantage of this with the lobes running accross the full dia face not sure on the actual workings of it but more dia on thelifter face lets you have a better ramp i read an artical a year or so ago about it all at the time i dissmissed it as id allready bought a new cam and lifters haha
turbo this..
turbo this..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: mods :: Technical

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum