Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

snotz

2 posters

Go down

snotz Empty snotz

Post  snotz 16th June 2010, 13:20

Hey guys,

I have just found this website so i thought i would join up. I currently own a 78 clubman that i have
been restoring for the last couple of years, it is a very slow project of mine.

His name is snotz i have custom number plates for him saying snotz, when he is painted he is going
to be a light metallic green

Engine when built will be
original block 998 with the 1100 crank then bored out
head is 12g202 bigger valves port and polished
hif su with t2 turbo
looking at getting a atb helical lsd
haven't researched much as for building gearbox yet

Once im finished im hoping to have a hottie on my hands

what i have done so far is
* Taken car back to bear metal (engine bay, exterior, underneath), not yet up to doing the inside, also
have etch primed all these parts.
* Underneath the car has been bodydedend.
* Rebuilt and powder coated black front subframe with full adjustable camber caster kit and hi lows. i have
also bought metro turbo front brakes that need to be rebuild before they go on.
* At the moment im rebuilding the rear subframe, it has rover trailing arms with stepped drums and has
all been powder coated black and hi lows fitted.
* I have just finished making new brake lines for the rear subframe and going from the front of the car
to the rear
* Currently needing to get electric fuel pump and new fuel line to mark out where pump and pipes go
before rear subframe is fitted back in
* Dummy engine has been fitted back in to figure out where and how to build turbo system before i
get it painted

Within a couple of days i hope to have some photos up for you guys

Any tips for mounting turbo would be good

My previous car was a Toyota soarer 2.5l twin turbo that i converted to single turbo
so i cant wait to get the mini going to have some fun again.

thanks guys
Jacob
snotz
snotz

Back to top Go down

snotz Empty Re: snotz

Post  benjamin 17th June 2010, 14:15

Hi and welcome Jacob,

sounds like a great little project and will be keen to see it , Ask as many questions i will try and help Smile

as for fuel pump and line's i found the easiest way was to fit a late model fuel injection tank with in tank pump . They supply about 3 bar (about 44psi) which is enough for any boost . Then fit two fuel line supply and return i used 8mm tube which seem more than fine. Then a malpassi carby fuel regulator , these were factory on the metro turbo and have the take off for the return line.

put up some pics when you get a chance
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  snotz 18th June 2010, 14:53

i bought a metro turbo setup a couple of years ago and it came with a malpassi carby fuel regulator, will this be enough to run 10-15psi of boost.
do you know if you can get seal kits for them because i dont know the condition of the reg at all

ben with your high mount turbo set up have you removed the engine steady bar that goes there, or have you modified it so the turbo can fit
there

have you had any problems with running the fuel lines or any type of lines around the back of the turbo against the fire wall, i just thought it
would get very hot and melt things being that close

will you also be making these manifolds also to sell?

Jacob
snotz
snotz

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 19th June 2010, 08:02

the regulator will be fine for any boost , i have not had any problems with seals on the reg and sorry i am not sure where you could get the seals new . I'm running a remote gearbox so no need for the passenger engine steady and there is no way to fit it anyways.

i moved my fuel lines out of the way right up against the inner guard so there is no issues with heat. Sorry i don't want to make any of these manifold's because i like to be different , and mainly it was a huge pain to make and fit.
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  snotz 30th June 2010, 14:33

these are some photo's from a couple of years ago, my recent ones where lost of my
old phone, so i will have to take some more soon

snotz DSCF0054

snotz IMG_0316

snotz IMG_0148

snotz IMAGE_00088

snotz 23122008191[u]
snotz
snotz

Back to top Go down

Post  benjamin 1st July 2010, 09:45

Im guessing 77-78 ? floors look great compared with mine , i take it the car is pretty much rust free then panels all look good Smile . What colour will you paint it?
benjamin
benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post  snotz 1st July 2010, 10:34

its a 78 and the body was pretty good only a couple of small holes that needed to be fixed. im going to paint it this colour

snotz Holden-Commodore-wagon-green-4
snotz
snotz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum